Edmonton, Alberta

 
The course was built in 1929-30 by the Hudson's Bay Company. In 1930 it was renamed Prince Rupert Golf Course. In 1950 the course was sold to the City of Edmonton. According to Barclay 2000 the course no longer exists. 

Mailing address

Prince Rupert Golf Course (NLE)
Edmonton, Alberta
Canada 

Contact information

Phone: 403-946-5200

Former names

Beaver Golf Club
 

Extent of 'Thompson' Work

18 hole golf course design
New done by Stanley Thompson & Co. (architect: Stanley Thompson/Mr.. Pearce)
Verification level: Level 1
 
18 hole golf course construction supervision
New done by Stanley Thompson & Co. (architect: Stanley Thompson/Mr.. Pearce)
Verification level: Level 1
 

Evidence

  • 18 hole golf course layout
  • Reference to Prince Rupert Golf Course in 'The Toronto Terror'
  • 'A remarkable 1929 Course record'