Jonquiere, Quebec

 In 1927, a golf club was formed and a rudimentary golf course was built on company land.  In Oct., 1942, Thompson was called in to examine the existing course and provide ideas for improvement or select a more suitable site.  Another site was chosen that was endorsed by the club and drawings were prepared for an 18 hole course with the understanding that only 9 holes would be built initially.  The first nine were completed in 1944 and the remaining holes were finished in 1961.
 

Mailing address

Le Club Saguenay D'Arvida
2680 boul du Saguenay
Jonquiere, Quebec
Canada G7S 4L1

Contact information

 

Extent of 'Thompson' Work

18 hole layout - design
New done by (architect: Stanley Thompson)
Verification level: Level 3
 

Evidence

  • Club records
  • Gilles L. Michaud's Club Saguenay Arvida