St. Catharines, Ontario

 
In July of 1947, renowned golf course architects Stanley Thompson and Robert Trent Jones were awarded the contract to construct an additional nine holes while renovating the existing nine. As a result, a 6,400 yard, eighteen hole golf course opened on Sunday June 12th, 1949.

Mailing address

St. Catharines G&CC
70 Westchester Avenue
St. Catharines, Ontario
Canada L2R 3P4

Contact information

Extent of 'Thompson' Work

9 holes addition design (1949)
Addition done by Stanley Thompson (architect: None)
Verification level: Level 1
 
renovation of 9 greens (1926) design
Renovation done by Stanley Thompson (architect: None)
Verification level: Level 1
 
9 holes addition construction supervision (1949)
Addition done by Stanley Thompson (architect: None)
Verification level: Level 1
 
renovation of 9 greens (1926) construction supervision
Renovation done by Stanley Thompson (architect: None)
Verification level: Level 1
 

Evidence

  • Ltr from John Parkinson to John Smith
  • Memo from ST to Minister of the interior TG Murphy
  • Reference to St. Catharines G&CC in 'The Toronto Terror'
  • Correspondence from John Smith
  • Ontario Golf magazine article - pp31.-45