The golf club was formed on Mar. 6, 1923.
- Stanley Thompson prepared a layout in May, 1923 for the first 9 holes, which was built in 1923-24. It was expanded to 18 holes by Robert Moote between 1982-88. The course is situated close to the shore of Lake of the Woods and offers beautiful views of the lake from the higher elevated holes. There is an abundance of wildlife on the course and whether it is a deer, bear or fox sighting, it adds to the total golf experience.
Kenora Golf Club
99 Golf Course Road
Canada P9N 3X5
Phone: (807) 468-7995
Extent of 'Thompson' Work
9 hole layout design
New done by Thompson Jones & Co. (architect: Stanley Thompson)
- Memo from S. Thompson to Minister of the Interior, T.G. Murphy
- Stanley Thompson Co. Ltd- Golf Architects Advertisement
- Reference to Kenora GC in 'The Toronto Terror'
- Thompson drawing dated May, 1923