This club dates from 1908 with the course located just east of St. Thomas. The club moved to a new property near Union, and hired Stanley Thompson in 1922 to design an 18 hole course, provide specifications , and to supervise construction (drawing dated Aug. 2). Management of the work was to be done by the club, in order to control costs, which was an unusual arrangement for Stanley. About this time, the name was changed to St. Thomas G&CC. Thompson did a slight redesign of the layout circa 1930-32 when a futher 6.33 acres was purchased.
Extent of 'Thompson' Work
New done by Stanley Thompson and Co. Ltd. (architect: )
Verification level: 1
- Memo from ST to Minister of the interior TG Murphy
- Reference to Essex G&CC in 'The Toronto Terror'
- ST drawings
- Club History