Hamilton, Ontario

 
Located only minutes away from downtown Hamilton and offering a spectacular view of the city, the Chedoke Golf Club features two 18-hole championship golf courses. Built in 1896, The 'Martin' course was the original home of the Hamilton Golf & Country Club. Stanley Thompson's construction company added 5 holes in 1929 then renovated the course in 1949-1950. In 1942 Stanley Thompson designed the 'Beddoe' course. 

Mailing address

Chedoke Civic Golf Course
563 Aberdeen Rd
Hamilton, Ontario
Canada 

Extent of 'Thompson' Work

Construction management on 5 new fairways (1929) design
Renovation done by Nichol Thompson ESQ (architect: )
Verification level: Level 1
 
Construction management on 5 new fairways (1929)
Renovation done by Nichol Thompson ESQ (architect: )
Verification level: Level 1
 
18 hole renovation design (1949)
Renovation done by Nichol Thompson ESQ (architect: )
Verification level: Level 1
 
18 hole renovation (1949) construction supervision
Renovation done by Nichol Thompson ESQ (architect: )
Verification level: Level 1
 
18 hole addition (1949) design
Addition done by Nichol Thompson ESQ (architect: )
Verification level: Level 1
 
18 hole addition (1949) construction supervision
Addition done by Nichol Thompson ESQ (architect: )
Verification level: Level 1
 

Evidence

  • Reverse drawing of 18 hole layout
  • Ltr from John Parkinson to John Smith
  • Robert Moote Profile
  • Reference to Chedoke GC in 'The Toronto Terror'
  • Reference to Chedoke GC in 'The Toronto Terror'