- Kingston, Ontario
A comprehensive history of Cataraqui was published in 2002 by long-time member Mr. John D. Smith. Mr. Smith, a geo-technical mining engineer by trade and golf 'course' historical aficiando with few equals, has chronicled the Cataraqui course from 'Founding Fathers (1917) to Stanley Thompson (1933)'. Mr. Smith also heads up Stanley Thompson Society historical and archival initiatives. According to Barclay 2000, Stanley Thompson remodelled nine holes in 1930. Smith's research indicates that Thompson was the designer of 11 original holes, combined routing of 2 older holes,and remodelled green/bunker complexes for three others.
961 King Street West
Canada K7L 4V6
Extent of 'Thompson' Work
Design and Construction of 11 new holes
Addition done by (architect: Stanley Thompson)Verification level: Level 2
Renovation construction supervision of green/bunker/mounding of 4 original holes
Renovation done by (architect: Stanley Thompson)Verification level: Level 2
- Memo from ST to Minister of the interior TG Murphy
- Reference to Cataraqui G&CC in 'The Toronto Terror'
- Article in Ontario Golfer
- 'Listing of Known Stanley Thompson Archival Material'
- The Evolution of Cataraqui Golf Course