Introduced in 2012, the program permits Friend Members of the Society to play a number of Stanley Thompson courses at a preferred rate.
The program is straight forward:
- every paid-up Friend (individual member) of the Society receives a complimentary passport
- the participating clubs are all Thompson Society Member Clubs
- Friends can only play each club once in a year
- a participating club provides tee times at their discretion; this point is important
- there can be as few as the club wishes
- and on a day and time the club decides
- this would usually be at a time when the tee is not busy.
- most Member Clubs have offered a preferred rate, but the green fee is entirely up to the club (there are no particular expectations)
- extra income is earned through cart rental, food and beverage
A Friend member has these responsibilities:
- call the club’s Golf Shop and request a tee time
- identify themselves on arrival with their passport
- pay all club charges
- adhere to all host club policies and regulations (almost all of our members belong to a private or semi-private club, so they are aware of dress code, course etiquette and good sportsmanship)
An important benefit to a member is experiencing a Stanley course which they might not otherwise be able to play. Responses we have had from members, include comments such as these:
"... I was treated as a member."
"... each course is a different property but with distinguishable Thompson hallmarks."
"... if I lived in the area I would join."
"...I intend to use my passport next year when I travel out-of-province.”
We would love to hear from you with a testimonial about your experiences in using your Passport. Send to Heather Fraser, email@example.com, and we'll post them on the website.
The following (31) clubs are participating in 2017:
Digby Pines Golf Resort & Spa
Dundas Valley G&CC
Fairmont Banff Springs GC
Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge
Fairmont Le Chateau Montebello
Galt Country Club
Ladies Golf Club of Toronto
- **Please note that reservations must be made through the Director of Golf, Roan Vollmer at 416 245-7361 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Reservations may only be made weekdays at the discretion of the Director of Golf. All Passport users are responsible for green fees ($140 guest fee), mandatory fore caddie ($60 per group), mandatory cart fees ($20.00/rider), and any food and beverage charges incurred. Tee times available Mon thru Thurs. Any visitors that wish to pay by credit card for golf or food & beverage items must arrange payment when booking the tee time.
Oshawa G&CC - **Please note that for reservations, please contact Head Golf Pro, Dylan Welsh at 905 723-4681 ext 315 or email@example.com. Reservations must be made a minimum two days in advance. Tee times available Monday to Thursday, Saturday and Sunday afternoons.
Sault Ste. Marie GC
St. Thomas G&CC
The Briars GC
Thornhill G&CC - **Please contact Head Golf Professional Todd McGrath, and note that booking may only be requested 3 days in advance.