There are many benefits to membership.
Help preserve Stanley’s legacy while receiving benefits.
Preserve the legacy
- Continue to build and enhance the Archives to ensure information is being refreshed as frequently as possible. The Stanley Thompson Collection at the University of Guelph is the most complete library of his course drawings, papers, photographs, correspondence and memorabilia in the world. The Archives are used by the custodians of his courses and scholars, alike. The Society hopes to digitalize the Collection to allow easier access.
- The Society continues to conduct research on Stanley’s work
- The Society is a large contributor to the Stanley Thompson Foundation. The Foundation was established in 2012 as a registered charity. The first undertaking was establishing The Thompson Graduate Studies Scholarship at the University of Guelph. The annual scholarship is awarded to a student in the Master of Landscape Architecture program who has submitted a thesis outline for the study of golf course design / maintenance. The Society hopes to expand its funding of golf related education in the future.
- In 2012, the Society funded the University of Guelph Graduate School to complete a Provenance Study to verify the authenticity of Thompson courses.
- Technical Guides have been prepared to assist Thompson courses in restoration and master planning.
- Continue to build the Stanley Thompson brand. The more Thompson is appreciated, the more his courses are appreciated.
- Stanley was inducted to the Canadian Golf Hall of Fame.
- Stanley was named a Person of National Historic Significance by the Canadian government.
- Stanley was inducted to the Canadian Sports Hall of Fame.
- Friend and Corporate members receives annually the Thompson Passport permitting access to a number of Stanley Thompson courses, generally at a preferred rate.
- A portion of the annual dues ($25) issued to every individual (Friend) member as a charitable donation, representing the direct contribution to the Stanley Thompson Foundation.
- A discounted rate to the Thompson Classic, the Society’s annual tournament at a Thompson course.
- Corporate members can profile their company.
- Members receive discounted pricing on purchases of Stanley Thompson logo clothing purchased through the Thompson Store.
- Friend: an individual membership; $90 per year
- Friend (New) - New members of the Society can enjoy their first year membership for $45, 50% off the regular rate. Simply enter the promotional code 040.
- Spouse of a Friend member; $45 per year
- GJAC: Golf Journalist Association of Canada members :$45
- Student: any student enrolled in a post-secondary golf related program; $25
- Member Club: a recognized Stanley Thompson course; $340 per year
- Corporate Member: a company involved in any aspect of the golf industry; $275 per year
- 9 Hole Club Member; $170 per year
For every paid Friend or Spousal membership, a tax receipt will be issued for the amount of the membership fee which goes to the Thompson Graduate Studies Scholarship. (see Tangible benefits).
You can purchase a membership by filling out and submitting the form below.